Despite the pandemic disrupting our lives across all aspects, it has forced everyone to think “outside of the box”, including operators as they adapt their services.
April 9, 2020 Mobility operators across the world are rethinking their services to provide help to local communities during the COVID-19 crisis.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of inspiring players and impactful actions that they are taking:
- Free-use of vehicles for medical staff (Free2Move, CityDrop, MOL LIMO, Cityscoot, ekar, MUVO…)
- Collaborating with hotels, to combine mobility and lodging facilitation for the health professionals (WiBLE)
- Enlarging or adding home zones (zones covered by the carsharing, moped sharing, or scooter sharing service), especially to reach hospitals more easily (WeShare, aimo, MOL Limo)
- Reducing stopover fees (WeShare, MOL Limo)
- Calling for volunteers while lending fleets to nonprofit organizations (Skoda)
- And of course: upgrading cleaning/hygiene protocols (ALL, i.e: voi., Mevo)
Congratulations to them and all the mobility operators that are doing their best to contribute in these difficult times!
Vulog is the world’s leading tech mobility provider: we are committed to building a greener future, one city at a time.